In-vivo Conditions for Live Cell Assays
Many physiological processes take place under flow conditions: Blood flowing through the vasculature; cancer cells circulating throughout the body; plaque forming on teeth under the presence of saliva flow. It is now well established that physiological flow has a profound impact on many biological studies, yet a lot of research is still studied in vitro without the presence of flow. The BioFlux System gives you the ability to introduce flow to your research and drug discovery experiments effectively emulating in vivo conditions and getting closer to understanding what’s happening under more physiological conditions.
Offering the physiological relevance of laminar flow chambers with the throughput and convenience of standard well plates, BioFlux systems have many features and benefits including:
- High Speed: With automated experimental control, multiplexing up to 96 simultaneous experiments, and sophisticated data analysis software simplifying and accelerating complex functional assays, large projects can be effectively reduced from months to days.
- High Quality: Glass bottom plates with superior image quality from microscopes and high content imagers provide unparalleled image quality.
- Simple to Use: Well plate microfluidic design improve reliability and reproducibility while enabling precise control of critical parameters.
- Modular Design: A BioFlux system can be added to any existing inverted microscope setup instantly expanding its capabilities.
BioFlux systems come in different configurations as described below and have been featured in multitudes of publications, presentations and webinars.
BioFlux 200 → The Primary System
The BioFlux 200 System is a benchtop instrument which enables up to 24 temperature-controlled flow cell assays in parallel. The BioFlux Pressure Interface connects a highly precise and accurate electropneumatic pump to the well plates to initiate controlled shear flow. The system works with your existing inverted microscope and is compatible with fluorescence, bright field, phase, and confocal imaging. User-friendly software automates experimental controls and provides a powerful analysis package.
- The Pressure Interface mounts on top of the BioFlux Plates and sits on an inverted microscope.
- The BioFlux Controller connects to the Pressure Interface and controls shear flow, temperature and flow direction.
- BioFlux Plates are SBS-standard well plates with integrated flow cells that can be loaded using pipettes or liquid handling workstations. The bottom of each flow cell is formed with a 180μm cover slip for optimal imaging.
- BioFlux Software offers complete control over experimental conditions, including dynamic control over shear flow changes
BioFlux 1000z → The Fully Integrated System
The BioFlux 1000z systems offer a fully-integrated solution for automated, high throughput shear flow assays. High performance microscopy components are seamlessly integrated with BioFlux controls to offer the ultimate in speed, precision and convenience. BioFlux 1000z ships as a turn-key imaging workstation for live cell assays under flow. The system includes the following primary components, but can be customized to meet your application needs:
- BioFlux Controller and Well Plate Interface
- High resolution inverted microscope
- Automated stage
- Automated fluorescence module
- Autofocus module
- High resolution CCD Camera
- PC Workstation
- Additional options: environmental control, vibration isolation table
BioFlux EZ → The Affordable System
All the benefits of the industry leading BioFlux cell analysis platform, now in a highly affordable configuration. Need to run flow cell experiments, but don't need 2-phase flow or high throughput? TheBioFlux EZ is the solution; it provides all the basic benefits of the industry standard BioFlux system, at a price point similar to a "home brew" flow cell setup.
The BioFlux EZ can run up to 6 simultaneous flow cell experiments and is ideal for platelet aggregation, leukocyte adhesion, and biofilm analysis. As with all BioFlux systems, the EZ works with an inverted microscope and is compatible with fluorescence, brightfield, phase and confocal imaging. User-friendly software automates experimental protocols and provides a powerful analysis package. Upgrade capabilities allowing for 2-phase flow and/or higher throughput make the BioFlux EZ the perfect choice for your functional assay research.
BioFlux Quattro → The High Throughput System
Achieve even higher speed in drug development under shear stress. With the BioFlux Quattro HT Array system, you can accelerate lead optimization while preserving relevant physiological conditions. The BioFlux Quattro comprises a 4-plate array that connects to one BioFlux controller. With the Quattro you can obtain quadruple your efficiency and decrease your experiment time while still keeping the ability to image plates on virtually any high content system (HCS) or automated microscope.
BioFlux Quattro is well suited for high throughput assays in cardiovascular, cancer, anti-microbial and immunology research and drug development.
NEW! BioFlux BeQuanti → The Cell Rolling Analysis System
BeQuanti (Behavior Quantification) is a software package designed for the automated detection and characterization of cells interacting under flow conditions. BeQuanti performs accurate analysis of several cell adhesion parameters, including:
- Quantification of tethering and calculation of speed of rolling
- Detection of the new sub-rolling metric
- Classification of cellular events depending on duration of arrest
- Discrimination between round, polarized and spread cells
- Characterization of post-adhesion stabilization
- Detection and analysis parameters are fully user customizable allowing for maximal analysis flexibility. Data analysis can be performed in real time and can be provided in several different output formats, including frame-by-frame data as well as statistical data.
Due to its modular architecture, the package can be easily expanded to allow cell detection and analysis under different experimental conditions.
BeQuanti is not only a great addition to any BioFlux System, it is a stand-alone package that can analyze data from any cell adhesion platform.
The software is available for Mac OS X (intel) and for Microsoft Windows 7.x
If you like to get more information about the BioFlux Product line, you can view the product sheets on the right.
Better yet, you can ask us your question directly using the form to the right. Once we receive your request, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you like to submit a request for a quote, you can use our System Ordering Form from the link below.
Our products are backed by an excellent support system that includes extensive online support documents as well as the ability to ask technical questions directly to our technical team. Our Library and Support Center contains extensive product information as well as forms for submitting customer related questions. Wether you are a full BioFlux customer or simply interested in our product line, we recommend you give the support center a visit.